Early in my career, I joined an NBFC.
Within a few months, my manager changed. Then my role changed. Then my manager changed again.
Every couple of months, I was adjusting to a new manager, a new role and new expectations.
At the time of my confirmation, feedback was sought from a manager who had worked with me for only two months. He wanted feedback from my previous two managers, but both had already left.
I left the organisation after nine months.
We expect employees to be stable, but rarely ask whether management has given them the stability to perform.
When the manager, role and expectations keep changing, it becomes difficult to build consistency in performance.
Before questioning an employee's performance, ask:
Have we given them enough stability to perform?
Because performance isn't created by the employee alone.
The manager, the role, the expectations and the consistency around them matter just as much.
SB Growth Partners
People. Talent. Growth.
No comments:
Post a Comment